Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Rambling

Well, today is my due date, and no baby yet. *sigh* Hopefully it will be any day now.

Also, this Friday is the first day of August, which means that we officially go on month-to-month rent, which is more expensive, and we still haven't found a house. We've looked at almost two dozen houses now, and nothing is looking particularly promising. We were close to putting on offer on one place, but when we had some family members help us look at it a little closer it turned out that it had a lot of problems. There are a three places that we're considering at the moment, but none of them are really ideal. Maybe I'm just too picky.

Option A: Home built in the 50's. Has a great yard, but the house feels really small, only 600 s.f. on each floor. Not a big deal for me, but Adam says he feels like a giant in it. There are only two actual bedrooms, the option for the third bedroom is sort of a large closet with a tiny window in one corner. It's also a bit out of our price range, so we'd have to hope that they'd accept a lower offer.

Option B: Newer home, built 2003, just under our maximum price. Tiny tiny backyard, which I can deal with. But it's way out in Hurricane, and it's a Short Sale. Which means that we could put in an offer, and not hear back from the bank for two or three months. I'm not really willing to sit around and wait for that long.

Option C: Townhome in the Dixie Downs area. Really nice. Didn't really want to stay living in this area, but we'll consider it for the price. No yard, but there is a very large deck off of the master suite (on the roof of the carport) that we can turn into a garden area using planter boxes and such. The big problem with this place is that there are three floors. The master suite is on the top floor, and the other two bedrooms are on the bottom floor. I don't think I could deal with Anicka being that far away. And even if I could, I don't think she would be too keen on sleeping down there all by herself. Also, the bedrooms on the bottom floor have a strange layout, you have to walk through one bedroom to get to the other. I don't think they were originally supposed to be separate rooms.

Anyway. I'm just rambling. This seemed as good a place as any to try and get my thoughts organized. We're going to look at a few more townhomes tonight, maybe we'll come across another option. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Ashlie Dalton said...

hmm... i liked the sound of house #1! i was thinking about #3 and when you said it has a strange layout, i wondered if that might make the resale hard for you guys. but i dunno. ALSO ALSO- i have been meaning to tell you that your baby shower gift is at my moms house. i sent it with kylee but she was apparently too busy to run errands for me so she left it there.