Wednesday, October 29, 2008

aimless cogitation

Item the first:
NaNoWriMo starts in approximately three days! I'm very excited. If you've never heard of NaNoWriMo here's the quick and dirty explanation: A bunch of crazy people get together and support each other in trying to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. Yes, we're all insane. Or will be by the end of the November. I've attempted NaNo noveling twice in the past, and I've never hit the 50,000 word mark. But third time is the charm. I have a word count widget over to the right. I'm supposed to write 1667 words per day in order to stay on track.

Numero dos:
House hunting sucks. I mean it really, really, really, really sucks.

Item number C:
Ashlie and I have started an online book club! You should join, if you haven't already. It's going to be fun. the book club blog is located at www.mixedbagbookclub.blogspot.com
I know, it's a long web address. But all of the short and clever ones were taken.

Also: I have a clogged milk duct and I've been feverish and achy the last couple of days. I'm afraid that this will turn into mastitis. Crappy.

Ramble Ramble: Adam was told that lay offs were going to happen at his job today. Does that sentence even make sense? I can't even tell. My brain is buzzing.
He said he felt sick to his stomach when he went to bed last night. He's not in the running for this round of lay offs, since he's in a leadership position, but he's losing three members of his team. And who knows who will be next if there's another round of lay offs later. I'm worried that the company is failing. Plus, the owner was diagnosed with cancer a year ago, and I don't know whether the company can stay on its feet if he's gone. I'm not sure what we'd do if Adam lost his job, there is nowhere in St. George that would pay him what he's making now. I mean, I'm sure we would cope, I would have to find a night job and we'd cut back on a lot of things, but... does that mean we should stop looking for a house? Sucky, sucky. And I love being a stay at home mom. I would hate to lose that. I guess we could always move to Fillmore and live in his parent's basement and he could work at the mushroom plant or the cheese factory. Yay.

lastly: the 'l' key on my computer is broken, and I have to copy-paste every 'l' that I type. It's getting really irritating.

3 comments:

Ashlie Dalton said...

Seriously? Seriously,seriously? First off- So, YOU are planning on writing a novel? A 50,000 word novel? Oh my good luck! If anyone can do it, it is you my friend.

And as for the rest of your post, it all made me very sad. There are more job opportunities here in SLC (nudge, nudge). I would so love to have a friend close by ;)
For real though, I will remember you guys in my prayers. No worries, everything will work out.
I'm sorry that things are so stressful for you right now. If you EVER need anything don't hesitate to call!
Love ya Missa!

Unknown said...

I know that sickening feeling... I was told the same thing yesterday, and then today I was warned by my manager that I may be in the running of a time cut or a layoff. I thought I was going to throw up after that.

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

I don't know where to start... 50,000 ... wow! I'll keep you in our prayers... the job news just makes your stomach sick. Good luck!