Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

My sisters came over for a visit yesterday. We love it when they come over!
The usual activities got boring pretty quickly, so we decided to do something out of the ordinary:
Building with marshmallows and toothpicks.
Look at that concentration!

 I saw this idea on The Artful Parent. I expected a lot of abstract sculpture type things (which is what I would have done) But the girls all stuck to pretty specific structures, like houses and bridges. I took a few pictures of their finished projects, but none of the pictures really turned out well.  Ryker mostly just connected his marshmallows in a really long line.
After lunch we drank some green koolaid and decorated cookies to celebrate St. Patrick's day. I love cookie decorating. Three cookies each kept the girls busy for a good hour.

Ryker just dolloped a bit of frosting in the center of his and then devoured it in about 30 seconds flat.


Brooke said...

WOW! Anika's got some mad cookie decorating skills! The flower one looks awesome!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.