Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Get over it

Yesterday was a big   fat  failure   of a day.
For some reason, when life gets messy, instead of diving in and getting my hands dirty I tend to dig in my heels and resist the change.
When I feel overwhelmed, I self-destruct. And that's not the sort of person that I want to be.
So. I'm done with that.

Today will be a success.

I will finish projects,

I will play with my children,


I will focus on the things that really matter.
I will accomplish something.

If the unexpected happens, I will meet the challenge head on.
And I will be happy, because I CHOOSE to be happy.
Because I have so many things to be happy about.
Because I love my life.


3 comments:

Randi Gardner said...

Good positive post! I hear ya! I tend to hide away and mope when thigns get hard, but you're right its good to face the challenges.. it always ends up better that way!

Brooke said...

I'm a self-destructor, too! Thanks for putting this post out there... I often feel exactly like this, (where I realize this is not who I want to be) but it is difficult to motivate myself towards activities that make me the person I DO want to be. Your motivational post was just what I needed to read! (And now, I'm going to get off the computer and finish cleaning the kitchen) :D

Ashlie Dalton said...

it's easy to get caught up in things that don't matter, and then get down on yourself. sorry your day was a failure. :( i hope you were able to turn things around and have better days since then.