Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Reason That Anicka Doesn't Get To Paint Often

It looked a lot messier in real life:


Once we have an actual kitchen or backyard I'll let her paint to her heart's content. But at the moment I spend more time covering everything with newspaper and cleaning it up afterwards than she actually spends painting.

I find it interesting that when she draws she usually opts for a pen, as that allows her to get the thinnest lines, and therefore the most detail (she is very detail oriented, drawing even nostrils and eyebrows on her little alien people); and she always has a specific subject matter (I'm drawing a rainbow, I'm drawing a horse, I'm drawing daddy). But when she uses a paintbrush she usually keeps things pretty abstract, painting random lines or simply smearing paint all over the paper. Is it because a paintbrush is more difficult to control than a pencil or a crayon? Is it because of the texture of the paint?
I don't know. I just think it's interesting.

No comments: